Sunday 20 October 2013

The Old Town Lock Up


I have owned this little building for 18 months and have used it as my glass workshop whilst I have been working full time.

This month I have opened it as a gift shop, we stock gifts made by local artisans.



This was built around 1730 and was in use as the town jail from 1750 Tp 1880 when it reverted to a beer cellar, since then it has been a store for beer, furniture and even a garage.

The previous owner did a lot of work on the inside and I have been able to open it as a shop.


All the gifts are locally made by craftsmen, we have potters, wood turners, textile experts producing designer handbags and handmade quilts, photographers and card makers as well as myself making silver jewellery and glass pendants and beads.


My latest is a ring I designed last week, it includes a piece of drop cast silver. I also have one of these on sale in the Lock Up.









No comments:

Post a Comment